Our Services

European Nationals and Their Family Members

The UK European Nationals and their family members visa, facilitated through the EU Settlement Scheme, is designed to safeguard the rights of European citizens and their family members living in the UK following the country’s departure from the European Union.

With either settled or pre-settled status under this scheme, individuals can:

  • – Continue to live, work, and study in the UK.
  • – Access public services such as healthcare and schools.
  • – Continue to access public funds such as pensions, if eligible.
  • – Travel into and out of the UK with ease.

In essence, this visa status allows European Nationals and their families to carry on with their lives in the UK with the same access to work, study, healthcare, and benefits as before Brexit. Also, those with settled status under this scheme have the right to live in the UK indefinitely, with the potential to apply for British citizenship if they meet the other eligibility requirements.


To be eligible for the European Nationals and their family members visa under the EU Settlement Scheme, the following requirements generally apply:

  • - European Nationality or Family Relationship: You must either be an EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen, or a family member of such a person. This can include spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners, dependent children or grandchildren, and dependent parents or grandparents.

  • - Residency in the UK: You need to have been living in the UK before December 31, 2020. For settled status, you generally must have been living in the UK continuously for 5 years. For pre-settled status, you need to have moved to the UK before December 31, 2020, but do not yet need to have been living there for 5 years.

  • - Absence from the UK: For settled status, you cannot have been absent from the UK for more than 6 months in any 12 month period, with some exceptions for single absences due to certain important reasons such as studying, serious illness, childbirth, or vocational training.

  • - Proof of Relationship: If you're applying as a family member, you need to provide evidence of your relationship to the EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen. This may include marriage or birth certificates or proof of cohabitation.

Fees and Disbursements

You can view information about fees, disbursements and timescales on our SRA fee disclaimer page


Get In Touch