Innovator Founder Visa
The Innovator Founder visa is a revision of the former Innovator and Start-Up visas and provides a single route. It is for entrepreneurs who want to set up and run an innovative business in the UK. The business idea must be new, innovative, viable and scalable.
You can stay in the UK for 3 years on the Innovator Founder visa. Following the 3 years, you can apply to extend your stay for another 3 years or apply for settlement (also known as indefinite leave to remain).
To qualify for the Innovator Founder visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Your business or business idea must be endorsed by an approved endorsing body
- You must meet the English language requirement (at least CEFR Level B2)
- You must be able to prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK. You need to have at least £1,270 (plus £285 for a dependent partner, £315 for a first child and £200 for each additional child) in savings in your bank account for 28 consecutive days before you apply
- You may need a tuberculosis test certificate depending on what country you are from
Fees and Disbursements
You can view information about fees, disbursements and timescales on our SRA fee disclaimer page